Welcome to Skaneateles, known as the "Eastern Gateway to the Finger Lakes". The historic Village of Skaneateles (settled in 1790's) is located on the north shore of Skaneateles Lake, one of the cleanest and most beautiful bodies of water in the world. A community of rare charms with lovely old homes, quaint shops and galleries, Skaneateles has been a vacation spot for the former First Family of the United States as well as many other families over the years.
Skaneateles is the perfect year round destination where you can enjoy everything from holiday celebrations, boat shows, or a leisurely autumn
Skaneateles is also only a short drive from Syracuse, Rochester, and the Finger Lakes
- all filled with unique attractions for you to enjoy.
- Explore the charming village with its lovely shoreline and many shops and restaurants.
- View Clift Park from the Lady of the Lake.
- For more information on the Skaneateles area please visit the Skaneateles Chamber or Commerce.
- Skaneateles Lake is crystal clear with a slate bottom and is 15 miles long with over 31 miles of shore line.
- Skaneateles host a show of Vintage Antique Boats every summer.
- The village gazebo is dressed in festive holiday decorations for the season.
- Skaneateles is beautiful during the holidays as the whole village gets decorated in holiday flare. Be reminded of Christmas past as you mingle with the Dickens Christmas characters that wander the streets every weekend from Thanksgiving until Christmas.